Persistence and Tenacity

• It takes a lot of persistence and tenacity to put together a document with some sensible comments about Typography in Vectorstyler. Trying again and again and finding workarounds.

• difficult cursor placement near corners and borders of text frames
    • many many frozen text frames
    • paragraph / character style not applied
    • lost styles

And now this!

Takes a lot of time. It makes me despondent. Belief in a world that can do without Adobe keeps me going, but it won't last much longer. I don't know anything about spaghetti code, but Vectorstyler is still a long way from "improving the creation of complex illustrations and designs".

• @Ayo I understand your frustration with VS issues, but remember that software development is a gradual process. Rome wasn't built in a day. Programs like Illustrator took decades to develop, with Adobe acquiring other companies to expedite the process. While some have questioned if VS is "spaghetti code," the developer has strongly denied this claim on multiple occasions. I have no reason not to believe him.
    Just looking at the size of the overall program, I'm impressed by VS (around 62 MB) compared to competitors like Affinity (550+ MB). Probably a stronger argument to make that the competitors have the higher likelihood of "spaghetti code"!

If I had given up on VS due to bugs early on, I wouldn't be using it as my primary vector program today. Consistent updates have led to significant improvements, and I now use it for at least 80% of my professional work. While perfection isn't realistic, I believe the remaining 20% will be fully addressed over the next couple years. The more I patiently and consistently bring to the attention of the developer in the areas of VS most crucial to my workflow, the sooner VS can be 100% of what I need and use.
    Your contributions, from ideas to bug reports, have made a big difference. Each reported issue has been addressed relatively quickly, benefiting the VS community and brings VS closer to a viable alternative to Adobe. Be patient with the developer as he already seems to work at an inhumane pace. Look at how many ideas and bug reports have already been fixed/implemented since you first came on board. With VS being such a complex program, I can only imagine the amount of code to keep organized and what goes in to fixing each bug. Steadily, the bugs and overlooked issues are getting resolved and that's all we can really ask for. At least the developer is responsive and eager to hear ideas and is quick to update and provide new builds. Look how Affinity took YEARS to get consistent updating and getting feedback to the higher ups was frustrating.

I encourage you to hang in there and continue your valuable contributions to VS, especially in the text department. We get to be a part of shaping what VS will become.

• administrators

@Ayo I apologies for this, seems to be a regression in the text flow process. Can be replicated here also easily.
    I will fix this ASAP.

• @Ayo Besides what @Boldline mentioned, I just wanted to say how it makes me happy to see influx of new (serious) testers that run VS through its moves and add to the conversation what can be done better / different / would improve their workflows. I too am testing VS on and off over a couple of years now and can see the large amount of improvements that have been realized in this time. And not just improvements, also extra functionality (such as support for Japanese typography) and things that we cannot do easily in other programs. Contributions like yours are invaluable and help to shape VS into an outstanding application.