Inserting mapped symbol glyphs: bug or a feature?

• I noticed that VS supports both variable and color fonts (did not check if on both platforms but at least on macOS) -- yet another feature one would not expect to find in a 1.0 version of a graphic design app! I tested the latter with BabelStone Flags, and tried to enter some flags using the Glyphs panel:

0_1616528794414_colorfonts.jpg

Trying to enter a flag by double clicking or dragging the equivalent flag glyph however does not work, but e.g. the two flags shown in the example must be entered by using their mapped characters "d" and "e". This is probably "by design" as entering glyphs directly often causes problems (e.g. ligatures should not be entered via Glyphs panel but by using ligature attributes).

But I wonder it it is possible to implement a system that shows both the key to be entered and the mapped glyph together?

• administrators

@Arde Drag and drop and double click should work, if not it is a bug; https://recordit.co/3MlAmlQtV7
    The SVG version of this font is not working (contains compressed SVG format), this is still an open bug.