Add option to font manager to add existing live fonts in document to document level save

• I'm liking the option added in the font manager panel to be able to save specific fonts inside the VS project file.
    I feel it would be made more useful if an option was added to scan the open working file for any live fonts and offer to automatically add/update them in the document level save section.

Alternatively, I know we discussed on the forum the idea of adding a document "info/notes" option where the user could add text notes related to that project and refer back to them at a later date. The ability to have VS scan the document and automatically list all fonts/ spot colors, etc. in those notes would be a huge help.

This would be good for those who want an auto list of fonts used but not necessarily embed them into the file itself every time.

• administrators

@Boldline Added this to the backlog for later. Having a font collection that scans the document would be slow, but I will try to find a way for this.

• @VectorStyler what does VS do currently when it opens a saved file that has live fonts within? When it gives the warning that not all fonts in the design are activated or available? Is that different?

• administrators

@Boldline said in Add option to font manager to add existing live fonts in document to document level save:

what does VS do currently when it opens a saved file that has live fonts within?

Yes, it scans the fonts from the document. This is OK to do once at startup.
    But as the document changes it will need to do again. It is not enough to just remember the font changes.
    The problem is that it will not know if a font change overwrites some other font or it is a new font.