Blend on a path with gradient + dragging blend objects in Layers Panel is crashing

• This seems to be a complex one. In summary, using some rough steps...

1. I created a blend object using two circles. Both circles had gradient fills.
    2. I created a path object (using the Pen or Pencil tool) and assigned the blended circles to this path (to create a blend on a path). Make sure the blend is set to "Smooth".
    3. Then, just for the heck of it, I wanted to rearrange the item orders in the Layers palette. This is when I noticed it was not possible to rearrange them. Regardless how I dragged them, their position int he Layers panel did not change. Furthermore, the Blend object itself (the one on the path) had a disclosure triangle in the Layers Panel (eg as in a Group) but there was nothing in it.
    4. As I was dragging items in the Layers panel, moving the blended object on the Arboard, at some point I got the spinning beachball cursor and the application hanged. I was waiting for the application to disappear and getting the crash report but that never happened. So finally I had to Force Quit the app.
    5. When I reopened the app, I got the automated crash report, which I sent.
    6. After I reopened the app, I had weird things happen, such as I was not able to dock a panel at the bottom. Also, when I clicked "No Color" in the Color Palette (the swatch with the red line in it) I got a middle gray value. (Will be posting videos for these below.)

I had this crash (or should I say hang) happen twice so far with the blend happen (where the blend objects had gradients and assign them to a path. It takes some patience and some fiddling around to make it hang but eventually it happens.

__________ UPDATE __________
    This is after my original post - hence the "UPDATE" notice.
    I managed to recreate the crash. At around 5:42 the spinning beachball cursor is already up and running but the screen recording cannot show it. Just assume it's there already.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nd4UlYzJpDc
    __________ END ____________

I started recording again, trying to repro it, and you can see that I am not able to dock a panel at the bottom. I did a "Reset Panels" but that didn't help. Finally I had to restart the app again to make it function correctly again.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tpkonAa8DE

In this video, you can see that when I click the "No Color" swatch, it gives me middle gray. Somehow this is also an aftereffect of the crash.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31PZlTq2Hr8

I know a lot of things can go wrong after the app hangs and these (above) were just a few issues.

After the crash, I got a dialog asking if I want to open the backup document. The document was not saved, but I chose to open it. I attach the document here. Maybe you can find something interesting in it.
    0_1692212088506_blend-crash-backup-document.vstyler

Workspace + Settings
    0_1692213097289_Archive.zip

VS 1.1.100

• If you have already read all this, check out the section between the "UPDATE" lines. I replaced the original recording with a new one, where I was able to recreate the crash.

• administrators

@pentool Added this to the backlog, I will try to replicate it ASAP.