Artboard incorrectly rotates when the Canvas and then the Artboard is selected in the CAP

• The artboard is incorrectly updating its rotation when you selected between Canvas and Artboard in the Canvas & Artboard Panel (CAP).

1. Have an empty artboard. Press Command + 0 to zoom to artboard (or View > Zoom to Artboard)
    2. Show the grid.
    3. In the CAP, select a rotation value (eg 30) from the rotation dropdown next to the Artboard. Now the artboard is rotated 30 degrees and you can see the grid also reflecting the rotation.
    4. In the CAP, click the Canvas then click the Artboard again. The artboard has rotated back to 0 degrees but the dropdown still shows 30.
    5. Select 0 from the rotation dropdown next to the artboard. Now the artboard is rotated 30 degrees despite you just selected 0.
    6. In the CAP, select the canvas and then the artboard. Now the artboard is rotated back to 0 correctly.

Video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3tqc0OYN-k

VS 1.1.099

• administrators

@pentool This is actually not a bug, it is designed so that:

• there is a current view rotation (bottom-left of the screen).
    • when changing the artboard rotation angle, the current view rotation will not change, therefore the artboard is shown rotated (this is what happens in step 5, the view is at -30 angle).
    • when clicking on an artboard in the canvas panel, the view is rotated so that the artboard is shown straight (for editing).

The combination of the above explains the observation.

• @VectorStyler Phew, wow, ok, …and I thought the world is complicated.

The only way I can try to understand this is when I rotate the steering wheel in the car 30 degrees and expect to turn, in reality I’m still going straight because God rotated the Earth below me -30 degrees to compensate… lol.

• administrators

@pentool Think of it as a large desk, with various sized papers on it, placed at different angles.
    Sometimes you rotate the papers on the desk (rotating the artboard), and sometimes you go around the desk to have a different view (rotating the view).