Exported pdf from VS causes vinyl cutter app crash

• I created a design in VS and exported it as a pdf file for a client using a vinyl cutter machine from USCutter.

My client told me she usually has no problem opening a vector pdf file from me in the past in the USCutter software connected to her vinyl cutter. The last two times she has attempted to do so, both shut her UScutter software down completely. She needed to convert my pdf files over to svgs in order for the cutter to open them and not shut down immediately. Both recent files she attempted were created in VS and exported from VS.

I know there has been some talk on the forum about providing improved export options. I don't know if this is related or a different issue.

I don't know the best way to problem solve for this since I do not have the cutter here with me. Are there options in a pdf export from VS that could be toggled for a better end result? Is anyone here in the forum a Uscutter user? Or use another cutter software that we could test with?

I would upload the files on the forum but it would not let me upload the pdf format specifically.

• administrators

@Boldline Send me the files by email, but I do not have access to the USCutter software.
    Did you try providing them with an EPS file?

• @vectoradmin Since she was able to convert the pdf I sent over to an SVG in illustrator on her side and had success with it, I had not sent her anything else.
    Would sending her an eps version of the file and reporting the results to you help to narrow down what the potential issue might be?

• administrators

@Boldline said in Exported pdf from VS causes vinyl cutter app crash:

Would sending her an eps version of the file and reporting the results to you help to narrow down what the potential issue might be?

I was thinking of a workaround only, but if SVG solves the issue that EPS is not needed.

Send me the PDF file and I will try to figure out what could be special about it.

• @Boldline You could send the PDF file to the manufacturer of the vinyl-cutter (is it USCutter or maybe Roland, Summa, Graphtec…) — they can test and report back what the exact issue with the PDF is that their software/driver fails to open it.

• @b77 good idea! I will do that as well as send you the files @vectoradmin