Hiding object moves it and more

• This is just a family members drawing I am hand tracing for learning purposes. It should be fairly easy. But I encounter for example this weird behavior before getting to the more complex part of coloring objects with more realistic gradients/effects.

What exacly is happening here? I hide the object and the object is then located somewhere else until i un-hide it? And the red dot? Can I reset that? And why would it move like that?

alt text

If I move the object to another layer the same thing happens, it is then displayed in simular coordinates, but it makes no sense to me.

• Getting closer to what it is all about; the centre point. All objects in the first layer have their centre point somewhere to the right but the y point differs from object to object. But why would it be changed from the centre? We are just talking about different objects I drew with the pen tool.

Reset centre moves the entire object - the red spot stays outside the object though.

• Reset centre... What happens? 😕

alt text

• administrators

@Ingolf This is a bug caused by the scaled layers. Both the pivot movement and the center reset have problems when the layer is scaled.
    The pivot movement part of the bug is fixed already (fix will be in the next build). The reset center will be fixed.

One workaround for this: select the layer in the Layers panel using the small circle, and select Object -> Convert to Curves.

• @vectoradmin That workaround indeed fixed the problem.👍

From your reply in the mail I also understood that the layer could be the root cause, so on another computer I moved the objects inside it to a newly created layer - that of course also worked as a workaround.

🙂

• administrators

@Ingolf This issue should be fixed in the new build 1.1.002 (beta)