Print Output is a blank black page (rather than the white paper with line drawing on as preview demonstrates) - In fact impossible to get any form of usable output file

• OK I can't seem to get any of the printers to work :

If I use a hardware printer (Epson ET-4500)
    It shows up fine on the preview, but when printed it's a plain black page.

If I use a software printer (Microsoft PDF)
    It shows a dialogue to save the file as a 'Adobe Postscript PS' file.

In other words I can't print off my document at all !! Nothing works

Regardless of the above.. when I look at preview it is adding a 20mm border around the graphic (I have an A3 artboard printing onto an A3 paper, and the border is ~20mm - despite scale being at 100% and margins all set to 0)

.. also if i click on 'printer' to adjust / view the settings against the Microsoft Print to PDF - it shows the screen for the Epson ET-4500

If I select 'save as PDF' (i.e. try and bypass printing altogether.. the whole document is inexplicably saved as a small white square
    (not an A3 document)

• administrators

@ambros Is this on Windows? and is it Windows 11?
    In the print options view there is a Printer drop down. Select "Postscript File" and try printing with that one (or PDF file) to a file.
    This will avoid using the driver.

• OK.. Export all Artboards DOES work (exports as a low res jpg)

• @vectoradmin Hi .. sorry I didn't think you'd be picking up on a Sunday - I didn't mean to disturb your weekend.
    Yes, I'm on Windows 11

Ah YES !!! That works perfectly (PDF file)

.. so I think it's just the 'printers' (aka drivers) that are problematic.
    I am happy - as long as I can get a PDF out of the programme I'm fine

Thank you (and apologies again for disturbing Sunday)

• administrators

@ambros I think it might also be an issue with printer drivers on Windows 11, I will try to replicate that.

Meanwhile: there is also a Paper size option in the Output section of the printer options. This might also help, in some cases the content may be positioned outside of the paper.

• @vectoradmin Thank you.. yes Sorry I keep forgetting I am on an OS only released about a week ago.
    I did play around with the output paper sizes - I don't think that's the issue.
    When it does work (as when I selected PDF as the output type in the printer drop-down menu as you suggested) it is very quick and efficient ...

• administrators

@ambros No problem, support is first 🙂