The color separation options can be used to print separate color plate for CMYK colors. Color separations are used in printing to create separate tone plates for cyan, magenta, yellow and black inks, and use these plates in printing the inks over the same paper.
- Color Mode - Select the color mode of separation. For prepress printing separations, select the CMYK color mode.
- Color Profile - Select the a color profiles used in color separation. The colors in the document may be provided in CMYK mode, when no separation is required. RGB or other color modes must be separated into CMYK colors.
- Intent - Select the a intent used to select the color profile.
- Separate - Enable or disable color separations.
- Negative - Enable or disable the printing of a negative color plate.
- Overprint - Enable or disable the overprinting of black colors.
- Add - Add a spot color from the list of spot colors of the document, ot the color separation plates. Spot colors (see Color Palette) can be selected from the document color palette, to create separate plates, printed with shades of the spot color, and containing objects using the spot color.
- Remove - Remove the selected spot color from the color separation.
- Remove All - Remove all spot colors from the color separation.
- The list of separated color plates are shown by the name of the plates. Select a color plate to edit the halftone options. A color plate printing can be enabled or disabled.
- Halftone - Select the halftone shape, angle and frequency used to print the selected color plate.