Pixelated corners on panels

• I am well aware that this MUST be one of the smallest issues in VS (which arose with v1.2), but for me, it slightly ruins the professional, elegant, and calm look. I simply notice it all the time, even now, so long after 1.2 launched.

Tabs docked get a jagged, pixelated ugly rounding, while the same tab looks beautiful and correct when undocked. The appearance looks a bit pixelated here, but the layers I have undocked do not. This happens for all tabs/panels that are in docked state.

0_1719164119639_c61ea965-534a-4898-8759-7062da0e0dee-image.png

I reported this phenomenon during the 1.2 beta period in January 2024, so now I'm allowing myself to whine about it again 🙂
    https://vectorstyler.com/forum/topic/3935/rounded-dark-theme-white-outline

• administrators

@Ingolf I will try to find out what could cause this.

• @VectorStyler said in Pixelated corners on panels:

@Ingolf I will try to find out what could cause this.

Circling back to this tiny issue 😁

I e-mailed you a HQ screen recording with these observations - but can even be seen in low res:
    Low res

• Tab corner looks jagged when docked
    • Tab corner looks perfect when undocked
    • Tab corner jagged when re-docked
    • Tab corner looks perfect when undocked
    • Tab corner looks jagged when panel is resized and I click on canvas
    • Tab corner looks perfect again when panel is resized smaller (there seems to be a threshold x value there)

🙂

• administrators

@Ingolf Got the file. I will try to find a solution for these issues.

• I was desperately looking for a theme without jagged rounded corners and tried all the others. Just trying other themes randomly, and I did confirm I can't stand sharp corners on tabs and documents. I need a more beautiful world that what rectangles can provide me with. So that didn't bring me a relief from the jagged round corners.

But I did get this, also after restart:

0_1726430286670_68050ca9-3791-4dc4-83f0-58c1c6f4567e-image.png

• administrators

@Ingolf

But I did get this, also after restart:

The jagged corner issue was not fixed yet. I will try to find a solution by the next build (this will take a bit more time).

Yes, there was a problem with the latest build that it contained extra copies of the themes. This causes the Settings to open a bit more slowly.
    If you download the current version and reinstall it (manually), then these should be solved (but the pixelated corners remain).