Pen tool not always cooperating when placing nodes

• This was the issue I had touched upon a while back. Video here. When I use the pen tool, sometimes when I go to place a node, it sets it there with the temporary line but when I go to set the next node after that, the actual path line skips ahead to that next node location - bypassing the one in between. This seems to happen quite frequently. i don't know if me being on El Capitan is a factor or not... this occurs whether or not it's anew document or not, and whether or not I am starting the app fresh.
    I was able to capture it happening several times as I use the pen tool to vector an ape i drew. The first couple sections went ok, but then it happened repeatedly. I noticed that if i tapped on the node a second time, it became permanent and I could keep going. It also seems to happen more frequently if I am quickly clicking nodes at a fast pace. though it still occurs even when I go slowly. I don't understand the rhyme or reason.

• administrators

@Boldline I will try to replicate this. The bug is still open from the previous report.