Select All Objects while working in the Node Tool

• administrators

@Ayo said in Select All Objects while working in the Node Tool:

Is left the proper visual representation of right? Or vice versa?

Not sure of case (1), was it selected as Objects or as Nodes?
    Case (2) looks right, all nodes seem to be selected, if you look into the Groups in the Layers panel, the objects inside should be marked.

But there is an other idea here: should the dot indicate if a member object is selected? Maybe with a light grey spot?

• @VectorStyler
    Both 'Select All' selection examples are while working in Node Tool mode.

1. 'Cmd-A'
    2. drag marquee select

In my understanding, you should get the same result in a different way.

Your theoretical explanation may be correct, but as a careless user I have to deal with what I see and get in return in the form of visual feedback on my own actions. There is no developer sitting next to me. So...
    WYSYWYG

Should 'should the dot indicate if a member object is selected? Maybe with a light gray spot?' NO please no more vague highlighting in the layers pane!

Selection indicators on the artboard are more direct and easier to read and understand than scrolling and counting dots in the layers panel. In my opinion you should be able to work with the layers closed/layers only in these types of integral actions.

Have to think about it...

• administrators

@Ayo said in Select All Objects while working in the Node Tool:

Both 'Select All' selection examples are while working in Node Tool mode

Got it. I will test this more.

• @Ayo I didn't have time to record these past few days, but now I took some time to record it. This is a very simple problem, and VS can handle it perfectly. Just select (you can choose any selection method), connect the Paths, and it's that easy.

0_1698717665412_Connect Paths.vstyler

https://youtu.be/k4itqTE8Um8

• @Li-Xiao
    Impressed and glad this works for you.
    For me, VS crashes every time I try to replicate this (1.2beta).

Further
    I think this is lucky improper use of the function.
    Otherwise it's a naming problem.

Combine > Connect Paths is far from Close path(s) in my view.

• @Ayo Sometimes there are different paths to reach the destination. I just chose an additional route. As long as we reach the destination, wouldn't it be better if there's a faster method? For me, I prefer having multiple ways to achieve the same goal. In case one method encounters a bug, I can switch to another method. This is the best approach before the bug is fixed. Of course, everyone has their own way, as long as the goal is achieved. Thank you for your many suggestions. They will make VS even better.