Problems with color sliders (they turn white and not changing)

• You can use any color mode to check this (eg RGB, HSB, etc).

1. Create a shape
    2. Assign black color to stroke, white color to fill
    3. Select the fill color swatch
    4. Place your cursor into one of the color values (eg if you're using RGB, place the cursor into the R value field)
    5. Hold SHIFT and keep tapping the up or down arrow key to increase/decrease the value by 10
    6. The stroke color (which used to be black) switches to white and the fill color doesn't change. It stays white even though the color value is changing.

VS 1.1.100

• @pentool Replicated here with CMYK.

The fill will stay whatever color it was on last before the keyboard was used. in my case I had shifted the cyan in my test to a light blue and when I used the shift-up and down arrows, it remained that light blue.

The stroke did indeed turn to white

• administrators

@pentool Holding Shift in the Color panel will change the inactive style (in this case fill is active, so it changes stroke).

• @VectorStyler Actually it doesn't. The color doesn't change at all (neither fill nor stroke).

If SHIFT is changing the inactive color then the opposite should also be true. Eg if stroke color is active, SHIFT should change the fill color. But it doesn't.

See here (when you see the color values change, I am holding SHIFT):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dl-d6oNasTk

VS 1.1.100

• administrators

@pentool Got it, I will try to replicate this.

• ...also, I'm not in favor of this "feature". I much prefer the SHIFT key to work the same way across all value fields when pressed in conjunction with the up/down arrow keys. (eg increase/decrease the value by 10)

If you have to press SHIFT to temporary change the color of the inactive swatch, you might just as well press X to switch to the other swatch back and forth.