Effects "Randomizer"

• This idea may be related to my previous thread:

Brush "live" randomization / variation

Since we have whole bunch of effects here in VS and they can be stacked, my idea is to create effects "randomizer". The intention is not to randomize one effect's parameters (which exists now in VS), but to randomize several effects' parameters at once and stack them randomly..

This idea is widely used in music instruments (for example synthesizers) to create random patches.

"Randomizer" could have some options - for example:

• total randomization - everything is possible (and probably the VS crash also),
    • randomizer aggressiveness - according to effects' parameters value range
    • ability to chose effect to randomize (blend, contour, shape, color etc.)
    • save, load and edit randomizer results as presets, styles
    • etc.

I think results could be great an unexpected for example for pattern design, backgrounds, textures, abstract projects etc.

• administrators

@Harry Added this to the features backlog.

• @Harry We're gonna start a synth section on the forum soon… sometime after Osmose, VS-1 and Superlative finally ship. πŸ˜† 🎹

Great idea. If something like this gets implemented, VS needs a way to create "macros" β€” sliders that adjust multiple effect parameters simultaneously, and this might be possible only after nodes are implemented (actually, after nodes become accessible for users).

• @b77 said in Effects "Randomizer":

@Harry We're gonna start a synth section on the forum soon… sometime after Osmose, VS-1 and Superlative finally ship.

πŸ˜€ πŸ‘

@b77 said in Effects "Randomizer":

Great idea. If something like this gets implemented, VS needs a way to create "macros" β€” sliders that adjust multiple effect parameters simultaneously

But like in synths - we need knobs also! ☺

• @Harry , @b77

can not resist to contribute to this πŸ™‚
    Do you know Native Instruments "Reaktor"?
    A program that allows you to create your own software synth

maybe VS will look something like this in the future ? πŸ™‚

0_1670439150583_Reaktor Synth.png