Center view on pointer

• If this is not available in VS, I suggest it. A simple command I can assign a shortcut to that simply centers the view around the point my pointer hovers over.

I've realized that I do an incredible amount of scrolling with the mouse wheel or space depressed to center my drawing around where my pointer is. It's a ridiculous amount of work that could often be replaced with a single key press.

• @Ingolf Zoom to Selection with Cmd-4 could help in the meantime.

• @b77 said in Center view on pointer:

@Ingolf Zoom to Selection with Cmd-4 could help in the meantime.

In some cases it can be used, true, but not so much in many others where the object(s) in the target area are smaller and VS will zoom in deeper - and maybe even much deeper.

But thanks 🙂

• It would be perfect if the numeric keyboard was supported by VS for custom keyboard shortcuts, I could imagine that the num keys 5 or / or * would be perfect for me in the center scenario.

• administrators

@Ingolf Added this to the backlog.

• While working with mouse, shortcut for this zoom could be for example double mouse wheel click.

• @Harry said in Center view on pointer:

While working with mouse, shortcut for this zoom could be for example double mouse wheel click.

Sorry, I would have objections
    Double mouse wheel click is not comfortable
    to do with my mouse. So I would avoid that

• I think it should be possible to configure center to scroll-wheel but don't think it should be default and certainly not double clicking the scroll wheel! I never found it natural or comfortable to use the wheel as a button for just single clicking, and certainly not all scroll wheels can be pressed. Sometimes the button is also awful to press. Some mouse drivers also seem to have something assigned to it.

Personally I will assign * (from the num pad if possible) to this feature. 🙂

• Since many people have keyboards without a numeric pad (not just laptop users), there should be
    a way to assign both a key from the numeric pad (let's say, 5) and a key combination (Cmd-5)
    that does the same for the shorter keyboards.

• @b77 said in Center view on pointer:

Since many people have keyboards without a numeric pad (not just laptop users), there should be
    a way to assign both a key from the numeric pad (let's say, 5) and a key combination (Cmd-5)
    that does the same for the shorter keyboards.

Of course - I mentioned the num pad because I don't think it is supported for shortcuts right now. Using + and - for example on the numeric pad is infinitely easier than using +- on a non-us keyboard without num pad.

• As I wrote in the announcement thread for version .070 centering works perfectly. I assigned they key M for this and I am navigating lightning fast around the canvas now just hitting M to center view now and then.