Illustration software for professionals
- Real time direct editing of objects and styles.
- Image and vector effects can be manipulated directly on the objects.
- Improved tools to edit vectors, text and images.
- Powerful snapping options to align objects and shapes, including collision and formation snapping, guidelines at any angle.
- Work seamlessly with multiple documents.
- Multiple views of the same document: edit a symbol content in one, see changes in the other view.
- Link documents and reuse symbols and styles.
- Build a hierarchy of multiple canvases and unlimited artboards in a single document.
- Use the Properties Panel to quickly edit most frequently needed options.
Vector graphics and illustrations
- Select from a large number of parametric shapes to start drawing.
- Real vector brushes stretching artwork along shapes.
- Cubic and quadratic curves with smooth and symmetric corners.
- Setup corners for any shape, and use arbitrary shapes to create corner types.
- Powerful nondestructive vector effects to adjust object shapes.
- Style objects with multiple outlines and fills using arrows, caps, dashes, stripes, variable stroke width, colors, rich gradients, tiling patterns or noise fill styles.
- Create mesh gradient from any object using the Mesh tool.
- Setup gradients along or across a shape.
Image effects for vector graphics
- Select from a large list of image effects.
- Apply multiple nondestructive image effects on objects or groups, edit and change their attributes interactively.
- Edit image effects interactively to realize the desired effect, using the Image Effect tools.
- Apply image effects as adjustment effects: filtering content behind an object.
- Create adjustment layers using selected image effects.
- Import and reuse complex SVG image effect hierarchies.
- Use vector text as shape for objects.
- Powerful text on path features: interactive positioning of text along a path.
- Instantly change the vector text baseline to setup a text on path effect.
- Interactively move and transform individual characters of a text shape.
- Flow text in multiple frames across multiple artboards and canvases.
- Embed shapes and styled objects as glyphs into the text.
- Powerful text styling: outlines, fills, underlines, OpenType typography.
- Balance multiple columns of text flow.
Powerful preview and display options
- Preview in vector, pixel or outline modes.
- Use split view of two preview modes and slide between them quickly.
- Zoom in over 1.000.000%.
- Rotate views to arbitrary angles and draw or edit objects at any viewing angle.
- Edit the extent of sub-pixel division to setup various anti-aliasing modes.
- Preview colors, gradients and effects in 16-bit or 32-bit precision.
Compatibility and export workflow
- Import and export popular file formats: PSD, AI, SVG, PDF, Postscript, EPS, JPEG, BMP, GIF, PCX, PNG, TGA, TIFF.
- AI files are imported in editable form with all brushes, styles and effects available for change.
- Create slice areas in the document for export.
- Setup multiple export formats, resolutions and options for each slice.
- Export all or the selected slices in one step.
- Save export options with the document and Export Again in a single step.
Editing detail for professionals
- Unlimited Undo / Redo hierarchy, browsed in the History panel.
- Alternate histories: select which command to redo.
- Save undo and redo history with the document, and browse previous history in a newly opened documents.
- Repeat selected recent actions.
- Find and replace objects, styles and text.
- Copy and paste object styles, object shapes, transparency masks, image effects and character styles.
- Create, edit and use Symbols.
- Override selected styles locally for a Symbol.
Customizable application details
- Select Dark or Light interface theme.
- Customize size and color of indicators used in interactive editing. For example change the size and color of nodes displayed while editing curves and their control points.
- Set scaling factor of the interface for better accessibility.
- Setup automatic backup options.
- Customize colors of guidelines, grids and slices.
- Customize details of object and curve editing.
Setup custom menu structures
- Customize the application main menu hierarchy.
- Customize the context menu shown with quick actions on control-click.
- Create and share custom menu hierarchies.
- Instantly swap between previously saved menu structures.
- Customize application shortcuts.
- Save, share and reuse shortcut definition files.
- Instantly swap between previously saved shortcut definition files.
- Setup shortcuts specific to a context only. For example, a shortcut can have a different meaning when editing text or when editing curves.
Customize and create new toolboxes
- Customize the main application toolbox.
- Create, save and reuse custom toolbox files.
- Create and use multiple custom toolboxes at the same time.
- Instantly swap between previously saved custom toolboxes or open toolboxes in separate panels.
Improved Vector Illustration
Extensive list of parametric shapes to start your design
- Draw and edit: rectangles, ellipses, circles, regular polygons, stars, square stars, gears, spirals, polygonal spirals, super ellipses and super shapes.
- Draw and edit symmetrigons with arbitrary shaped sides.
- Edit ellipse or circle properties to create multiple concentric sections.
- Interactively edit any shape type.
- Bend the sides of rectangles and regular polygons.
- Select clockwise or counterclockwise shape directions.
- Regular and normalized star shapes of arbitrary number of corners.
Powerful curve editing tools
- Edit corners of any shapes.
- Create and use custom corner shapes (not just circular or flat).
- Edit free form curves by moving control points or dragging the curve.
- Show curve direction when hovering over the shape.
- Indicate starting and ending nodes of a shape.
- Edit quadratic and cubic curves of better control of the shape.
- Cut or redirect shape at self intersection points automatically.
- Simplify and smooth out curves using the simplify brush or the simplify menu command.
- Convert any shape to curves and freely edit its nodes and control points.
Boolean shape operations
- Operations on shapes: Merge, Intersect, Union, Exclude, Cut Out, Inside, Outside, Remove Overlaps, Exclude Back and Divide.
- Normalize shape along self-intersecting points based on the winding fill rule.
- Combine and create complex shapes.
- Boolean shape operations without stray nodes.
- Combine shapes directly to create new editable free form shapes.
- Combine shapes with boolean operations nondestructively and modify the original shapes at any time.
- Apply boolean operations on group of objects to dynamically create nondestructive shape combinations.
Vector editing workflow
- Create and reuse shape styles.
- Change the shape of multiple objects by using shape styles and modifying the styles.
- Link (reference) the shape of an object from another named reference object.
- Edit the shape of multiple objects by editing reference object shapes.
- Create and reuse shape presets everywhere.
- Convert text to shapes to edit curves.
- Draw smooth shapes with the pencil tool or create curves using the pen tool.
Powerful vector effects
- Nondestructive distortion effects applied to object shapes.
- The shape effects panel creates and manages multiple shape effects applied to a selected object.
- Modify shape effect attributes of selected objects at any time.
- Distort group of objects using mesh and envelope distortions.
- Bend groups of objects along arbitrary, freely editable shapes.
- Warp objects into predefined shapes.
- Apply Elastic Warp effect to distort objects freely.
- Create and edit shape effects interactively.
Paint with Brushes
- Select pencil and brush stabilizer modes.
- Draw variable width outlines using the brush tool.
- Edit local width of variable width outlines using various tools.
- Select and paint with real vector brushes.
- Vector brushes allow variable width profiles, the width profile can be adjusted locally at any time.
- Vector brushes may contain an arbitrary group of objects, distorted and stretched along the painted curve.
- Vector brushes can contain arbitrary colors or can be tinted and shaded with custom colors.
- Paint with scatter, pattern and bristle brush types.
Modify shapes using shape effect brushes
- Paint vector effects over any group of shapes to create local distortions.
- Select from up to 13 different vector effect brushes.
- Apply local twirl, ripple, noise, wave, perturbation, zig-zag distortions to shapes.
- Edit brush options by double-clicking on the brush tool icon.
- Modify object shapes using the Liquify tool.
- Create and apply shape distortions on a group of objects.
- Create and edit mesh gradients using the interactive mesh gradient tool.
- Create mesh gradients from arbitrary shapes.
- Add new nodes to mesh gradients at arbitrary locations.
- Select the color and opacity of each mesh node interactively.
- Fast interactive preview of mesh changes.
Powerful Masking Tools
Create complex transparency masks
- Use the Transparency panel to setup and modify transparency masks of selected objects.
- Select opacity of objects and layers directly from the transparency panel or the object / layer options view.
- Select between multiple blend modes.
- Select and edit any gradient style as a transparency mask.
- Select and edit any tiling pattern style as a transparency mask.
- Select and edit any noise fill style as a transparency mask.
- Edit transparency options of objects and layers in the object / layer options view.
- Isolated mode: layer or object content is composited independently of background.
- Knockout mode: blend layer and backdrop first.
- Option to interpret opacity is a shape.
- Use layer or object content as a mask for adjustment effects.
- Select from a list of blending modes.
- Darken, Multiply, Color Burn, Exp Dark.
- Lighten, Screen, Color Dodge, Linear Dodge, Exponent Light, Extra Light.
- Overlay, Soft Light, Hard Light, Vivid Light, Linear Light, Pin Light.
- Difference, Exclusion, Subtract, Divide, Distance.
- Hue, Saturation, Color, Luminosity.
- Color Wash, Color Scale, Geometric.
- Hard Burn, Hard Dodge, Light Burn, Scale Dark.
- Logical And, Or, Xor, Nor, Add and Invert.
Transparency mask types
- Solid color for uniform transparency mask.
- Gradient of any type for transitions. Gradient shapes are also included.
- Use tiling patterns to setup transparency masks.
- Use synthetic noise styles as transparency.
- Setup mesh gradient as transparency mask to control opacity at arbitrary locations.
- Use arbitrary group of objects, or references to named objects (symbols) to setup detailed transparency masks.
Transparency mask editing
- Select and edit transparency attributes in the Transparency panel.
- Interactively edit transparency gradient tones and shape.
- Interactively edit tiling vector pattern masks.
- Browse and select transparency from a large collection of synthetic noise types.
- Edit the mesh transparency type in a similar way as mesh gradients are edited.
- Edit objects of a transparency group by double-clicking on the preview in the Transparency panel.
- Edit reference object (symbol) transparency masks by simply editing the referenced objects.
Powerful workflow for transparency masks.
- Invert mask and select between clipping or non-clipping masks.
- Create named styles or presets from any transparency masks.
- Reuse transparency mask styles or presets by selecting them from the list of transparency type in the panel.
- Override transparency attributes in symbols.
- Copy and paste transparency mask between objects.
Advanced Object Styling
Object fill and outline styling
- Solid colors selected by various means: color spectrum, numeric color values, palette, color variations and harmonies.
- Gradient transitions with arbitrary shapes.
- Tiling patterns with content selected from other objects or symbols.
- Synthetic noise styles for filling objects and outlines.
- Multiple stacked fill and stroke attributes in a single object.
- Separate opacity and transparency mask options for each fill and outline style of an object.
Advanced color selection methods
- Select colors from the color panel by selecting numeric amounts, clicking on the color wheel, or editing hexadecimal color values.
- Support for multiple color types: Gray, RGB, CMYK, HLS, HSB, HWB, HSI, Lab, LCH.
- Select between various color wheel types.
- Select colors from various color palettes. Multiple color palettes can be opened at the same time.
- Load palettes from files of various formats: ASE, ACV, ACO, CPL, CSV and XML.
- Show any color palette as a color bar at the margin of the document view.
- Create Spot and Process colors.
- The most extensive set of gradient types available: linear, concentric, conical, spiral, noise.
- Select gradient attributes from the gradient panel.
- Edit shape of linear, concentric and conical gradients.
- Use shapes of reference objects as gradient shapes.
- Define new gradient types by setting up a gradient with a custom shape.
- Interactively edit the gradient attributes and the gradient shape.
- Select color and opacity of gradient stops.
- Create and reuse gradient styles and presets.
- Create texture gradients with the noise gradient type.
Tiling pattern styles
- Fill and outline objects using tiling patterns.
- Select the content of tiling pattern from object symbols.
- Scale and rotate the direction of the tiling pattern.
- Select pattern tiling mode from: Boxes, Hexagons, Triangular or Rhombus.
- Expand tiling pattern into its constituent objects.
- Edit tiling pattern content in-place or by editing the referenced objects.
- Fill and outline objects using various types of generated noise styles.
- Use the noise panel to select noise style attributes.
- Edit numeric noise attributes or randomize the noise parameters.
- Browse and select noise from an extensive list of randomly generated custom noise styles.
Powerful Outline Options
Outline objects and text
- Select stroke width from the stroke panel or the properties panel.
- Fill outline strokes with color, gradient, pattern or noise.
- Create and reuse stroke styles and presets .
- Select and reuse stroke style from reference objects.
- Gradient on strokes, gradient colors transition along or across an outline stroke, including variable width strokes.
- Set stroke properties in the Stroke Panel.
- Allow zero width strokes for real hairline at any resolution.
- Align stroke inside, outside or centered to the object outline.
- Shift strokes inside or outside by arbitrary amounts.
- Align dash lengths between cusp nodes.
- Distort strokes and arrows using shape distortion effects.
Use stroke caps at open or dashed shape ends
- Use stroke cap ends in open or dashed shapes.
- Create and use custom shaped stroke caps.
- Create new cap shapes from a custom shape.
- Select cap shape as a reference to a named object shape. When the object shape is edited, the linked cap shapes are updated automatically.
- Offset stroke cap locations along the outline.
Add arrowheads to open shapes
- Select arrowheads at the start and end of open shapes.
- Select arbitrarily shaped arrow heads from the Stroke panel.
- Create new arrowheads from the shape of selected objects.
- Select arrowheads as a reference to a named object shape. As the object shape is edited, the linked arrow shapes are updated automatically.
- Connect arrows with open shapes to stroke shape automatically.
- Enable arrowhead and stroke distortions by the shape effects applied to the object.
Variable width profiles
- Assign variable width strokes to selected objects from the Stroke panel.
- Create and reuse variable width profile styles and presets in the Stroke panel.
- Link to stroke width profiles of reference objects.
- Select width variation type to Monotone or Cubic.
- Edit arbitrary stroke width variation function in a modal view.
- Use symmetric, reverted and flipped width variation functions.
Object outline workflow
- Edit stroke width profile interactively with the Width tool.
- Modify stroke width profile using the Stroke Width Brush tool.
- Smooth the stroke width profile variations using the Width Smooth Brush tool.
- Erase nodes from the width profile function using an interactive tool.
- Use the Stroke Width panel for precise control of variable width strokes.
- Combine the variable width profile attribute with dashed, striped, shifted stroke attributes to create complex stroke effects.
Objects and Layers
Advanced object hierarchy
- Create arbitrary layer and object hierarchy in an illustration.
- Assign names to layers and objects and use them in various contexts (see symbols and object references).
- Add multiple fill and stroke styles to a single object.
- Assign transparency masks to objects or whole layers.
- Create clones of objects and modify or remove attributes of clones.
- Select the master object of cloned objects.
- Select cloned properties of object clones.
- Assign roles to objects and layers to reuse them in various attributes (transparency masks, patterns, symbols).
Object and layer options
- Clip layers into arbitrary shapes.
- Lock or unlock and show or hide objects and layers for better workflow.
- Reference any layer or object as a symbol.
- Place objects on any of the multiple canvases of a document.
- Assign color indicators to layers (used in the Layers panel and in outline preview).
- Use object or layer content as guideline shapes.
- Convert layers or objects to images.
- Create adjustment layers or objects using any image filter.
- Setup adjustment filters on any object, to apply image effects to the object backdrop.
- Clip groups by assigning a shape to a group.
Extended Layers panel
- Edit object and layer hierarchy in the Layers panel.
- Select locking and visibility options for multiple objects.
- Add image effects to selected objects in the Layers panel.
- Access advanced layer and object editing commands from the Layers panel menu.
- Customize Layers panel options using the Panel Options command from the panel menu.
- Open multiple Layers panel instances pinned to specific document, canvas, or object content.
- Copy and move content between multiple documents or different parts of the same document using multiple opened Layers panel instances.
- Show enlarged preview of an object or layer by double clicking or long pressing the object icon.
- Rename multiple objects or layers by selecting them in the Layers panel and pasting the names from the clipboard.
Object Style panel
- Use the Object Style panel to create, edit or remove fill and stroke styles of an object.
- List styles for multiple selected objects.
- Add new shape or image effects to the selected object.
- Drag and drop object fill and stroke styles to change their relative order.
- Edit the fill and stroke attributes of the selected objects.
- Access advanced commands from the Object Style panel menu.
- Apply filters on the colors used in the selected objects.
Find and replace objects, text and styles
- Use the Find / Replace tool to search, select and change objects or text by content or by attributes.
- Search for objects by their name, assigned selection marker, role, or reference.
- Search based on attributes using the More options if the Find / Replace panel.
- Search for object and text using multiple conditions.
- Search based on object fill or stroke properties.
- Replace found objects with symbols (reference objects).
- Automatically apply changes to found objects, like setting their fill or stroke styles, or applying shape or image effects.
Advanced object handling
- Assign names to multiple selected objects automatically.
- Assign 9-slice scaling options to symbols for better scaling control.
- Expand selected symbol references into local objects.
- Edit and override styles in selected symbol references.
- Expand groups of boolean shape combinations.
- Expand linked content into imported objects (AI, PSD, PDF, PS, EPS, SVG or other files can be linked instead of included).
- Expand any object outline stroke (including dashes, stripes, variable width profiles) into editable shapes.
- Search and replace referenced symbols.
- Create cap shape, arrow, corner shape, artistic brush, pattern brush, scatter brush, tiling pattern or symbol from selected objects.
Working with Symbols
Advanced symbol creation
- Any object or layer can become a symbol.
- Create a new symbol from any object by giving it a name and setting the object role to Symbol.
- Automatically create symbols by drawing them on a Reference Canvas with the Symbol role.
- Edit the content of a symbol by selecting the Reference Canvas containing the symbol and using regular object editing tools.
- Access symbols from menus and lists.
- Create symbols as styles using the Symbols panel.
- Save and reuse non-linked symbols (object copies) as presets.
Powerful symbol tools
- Use a symbol by drag and drop from a Symbols panel.
- Create symbolic references to any object, by dragging and dropping from the Layers panel while holding the command key.
- Expand selected symbol links using the Expand Symbol command.
- Apply additional shape or image effects to symbols while still retaining the original editable object.
- Find and replace objects with symbols using object styles or other attributes.
- Use the Symbols panel to create and manage the collection of symbols in a document.
- Reference objects are also listed in the Symbols panel.
- Drag and drop symbols from the panel into the document.
- Insert symbols into text as a glyph.
- Organize symbols into folders.
- Assign style activation schemes on symbol folders to setup alternative symbol selections.
- Export symbols into a VectorStyler specific symbols file for sharing and reuse (in binary, JSON or XML formats).
- Update collection of symbols from a previously saved symbol file.
Powerful symbols workflow
- Use Reference Canvases to create and edit objects that are used as symbols.
- Use large number of objects as symbols by setting the role of a canvas containing the objects.
- Link to VectorStyler document files containing objects and symbols to use them.
- Update symbols from linked documents automatically or manually as the external document file is changed.
- Use Style Activation Groups to automatically select groups of Symbols and Styles.
Working with Styles
Create reusable styles for object attributes
- Create styles from most object attributes, fills, outlines, image or shape effects.
- Styles are used by referencing, changes to a style are immediately reflected on the objects using the style.
- Create styles by setting roles of named objects and referencing the style from the objects.
- Changes on objects with a style role are automatically reflected on objects using the style.
- Create styles by setting a style role of a Reference Canvas, so that all named objects in that canvas are treated as style definitions.
- Object names with style roles (or in a Reference Canvas with a style role) automatically show up in various lists of the user interface (fill, outline, transparency, etc.) for selecting a style.
Powerful styling tools
- Apply a style by drag and drop from the Style panel.
- Copy and paste styles between objects.
- Locally override any linked style in symbol instances.
- Use the style picker tools to pick and apply object styles, object shapes and image effects.
- Search and replace objects using selected styles.
The Styles panel
- Use the Styles panel to create, apply and organize the styles in a document.
- Separate panels are used for Character and Paragraph styles.
- Symbols are threated as styles, but shown in a separate panel.
- Reference objects with style roles are also shown in the Styles panel.
- Assign style activation schemes on style folders to create style alternatives in a single document.
- Export styles into a VectorStyler specific style format for sharing and reuse (in binary, JSON or XML formats).
- Update a collection of styles from a previously saved styles file.
- Organize styles into folders.
Powerful styles workflow
- Use Style Activation Groups to automatically swap between different style instances.
- Use Reference Canvases to create and edit objects whose attributes are reused as styles throughout the document.
- Define large number of styles by setting the role of a Reference Canvas.
- Link to VectorStyler document files containing styles to reuse these in the current document.
- Update styles from linked documents as the document is changed.
- Change the shape of selected objects by assigning a shape style.
- Clip a group of objects or a layer inside a shape by selecting a shape style.
- Apply shape and image effects from previously defined styles.
Selecting and Editing
Selecting objects directly
- Option to select objects by using intersecting or including marquee.
- Select object using arbitrary shapes with the lasso tool.
- Select objects using the magic wand tool based on similar styling.
- Select and transform individual shapes in composite shapes.
- Select and transform individual objects in groups.
- Select and transform content of linked images or graphics, to setup cropping and clipping.
Advanced selection commands
- Select objects based on visibility or in the visible view area.
- Select all objects below or above the current selection.
- Select locked or hidden objects.
- Select objects containing missing links.
- Select objects based on attribute similarity.
- Isolate editing inside a group of objects.
- Draw, paste or place objects inside existing objects.
Reusable and automatic selections
- Define any number of named markers (stickers) that can be associated with objects.
- Select objects having specific markers.
- Search for objects with specific markers in the Find / Replace command.
- Save object selections and reselect the same objects later using the Selections panel.
Powerful object alignment options
- Use the Alignment panel to position objects relative to each other.
- Align objects based on selection, stacking or geometric order.
- Align to Selection, Key Object or to Artboard.
- Align and distribute object reference locations relative to each other.
- Create custom alignment scheme using the More Options command of the Alignment panel menu.
- Align objects sizes: that is resize objects, not just move them.
- Align multiple objects along a path.
Improved and extended grids and guidelines
- Setup multiple grids at arbitrary angle.
- Grids can be points or lines. Line grids may run in a single direction (at an angle).
- Assign grid to an artboard, a canvas or the whole document.
- Manage the grid from the Grid panel.
- Drag and drop guidelines from the ruler.
- Rotate guidelines to arbitrary angles by selecting them close to the view margin.
- Snap to rotated guidelines directly.
- Manage multiple guidelines and guideline groups in the Guideline panel.
- Create guidelines from objects or layers.
Advanced object snapping
- Snap to object boundaries when moving or resizing objects.
- Snap object sizes to other object sizes when resizing objects.
- Snap to guideline angles when rotating objects, or drawing lines
- Snap points to object shapes when editing curve nodes or moving objects.
- Collision snapping to multiple arbitrarily shaped objects.
- Snap to object formations by detecting basic geometric locations.
Advanced object positioning tools
- Use the gap tool to adjust the gap between objects.
- Use the collision tool to move or rotate objects so they align to curved shapes.
- Arrange objects in the stacking order using various Arrange commands.
- Scale, Skew, Rotate and Reflect objects using dedicated tools.
Advanced typography in an illustration software.
- All of the typographic features and more.
- Use text and glyphs as shapes of objects.
- Flow text in multiple frames and columns across multiple artboards and canvases.
- Setup advanced character and paragraph formatting options.
- Align text along a path using advanced options.
- Use text specific tools to edit text content, link text frames, offset text along a path, and position characters individually.
- Organize fonts into groups for easy access and improved workflow.
- Access font collections from custom folders, without installing the fonts into the system.
Vector text as a shape.
- Create text as a shape using the Vector Text tool.
- Easily edit vector text by double clicking the text object.
- Assign multiple fill and outline styles to the vector text, just like any other object.
- Clip an arbitrary group of objects inside a vector text shape while keeping the text editable.
- Convert the vector text to curves and edit the curves making up the glyphs.
- Style individual characters or a selection of characters using object styling attributes.
Flow text into multiple frames
- Create rectangular text frames using the Text Frame tool.
- Assign any shape to the text frame or edit the shape using the Node tool to flow text into arbitrarily shaped frames.
- Assign styles to the text frame for background fill and frame outline.
- Flow text into multiple frames.
- Setup multiple columns and balance text vertically in a text frame.
- Select character formatting options using the Character Panel or the Character Style menu command.
- Select typeface, weight, size, tracking, word spacing, kerning and leading attributes.
- Select advanced OpenType typography features like ligatures. Customize subscript and superscript positions and sizes.
- Automatic spelling and hyphenation.
- Select underline, over line and strike through options using custom stroke attributes.
- Select character background fill and stroke styles to create frame around a part of the text.
- Select fill and stroke styles, opacity and transparency masks for characters.
- Apply optical kerning to glyphs in a text flow.
- Align paragraph text in various directions.
- Use single or multiple line composer for a paragraph to achieve better typographic results.
- Select text frame margin overflow mode.
- Edit the amount of indentation of the first and last lines or the left and right margins.
- Create paragraph rulers before and after a paragraph using custom stroke styles.
- Specify advanced Drop Capitals options.
- Select paragraph labeling, numbering or bullet point options.
- Edit spacing rules used in text justification.
- Setup hyphenation and tab stops rules.
Rich text styling
- Fill characters in a text flow using any fill style just like vector objects (color, gradient, tiling pattern noise).
- Assign outlines to characters using the stroke options.
- Create styled background of a selected range of characters that automatically aligns with the characters.
- Insert arbitrary glyphs, shapes or styled objects as glyphs into the text.
- Edit details of underline, over line and strike through styles in the text decorations panel.
- Use dashes, stripes and variable width strokes in text underline, over line and strike through.
- Create, use and manage Character and Paragraph styles for improved text workflow.
Text frame options
- Create and use text frame styles to automatically adjust the attributes of multiple text frames.
- Align text flow in a frame vertically to top, center, bottom or justified.
- Set spacing around the frame and between paragraphs inside a text frame.
- Split the text frame into multiple columns and rows with gaps and directions.
- Balance text flow between multiple columns.
- Setup baseline alignment options inside a text frame.
Text on Path
- Align text and flow along arbitrarily shaped objects.
- Change the shape of the text baseline into an arbitrary shape using the Node tool.
- Move text along the path using the interactive Text on Path tool.
- Edit the text on path alignment attributes using the Text on Path panel or the Text on Path menu command.
- Create and reuse various text on path attribute styles and presets.
- Align multiple lines of text on a path using various rules to achieve better text effect.
- Offset the text along the path or set the distance of the text from the path.
Advanced text tools
- Create and edit vector text shapes using the vector text tool.
- Create and edit text flown in multiple frames using the Text Frame tool.
- Position text along a path interactively using the Text on Path tool.
- Link text frames or flow text into objects using the Frame Link tool.
- Position and transform individual characters of both vector and frame text using the Character tool.
- Insert special characters.
- Convert punctuations.
- Use the Typography panel to select OpenType features.
Powerful glyph management
- Use the Glyph panel to browse and use glyphs and glyph alternates from any font.
- Drag and drop glyphs from the glyph panel into the canvas as shapes.
- Insert glyphs at the current cursor position into the text.
- Select OpenType alternates of glyphs.
- Open arbitrary TrueType, OpenType or other font files into new glyph panels.
- Open SVG font files into new glyph panels.
- List and select object shapes and symbols used as glyphs.
Vector and Color Effects
Advanced tools to change color and shape.
- Select from a collection of shape distortion effects to modify object shapes.
- Shape distortions are nondestructive, parameters can be changed at any time.
- Apply multiple shape effects on groups of objects.
- Manage the list of stacked shape effects on an object.
- Edit shape effects interactively in the document or adjust effect properties in a panel or modal view.
- Apply color filters to selected artwork to adjust colors.
- Recolor selected artwork using advanced coloring schemes.
- Extensive list of geometric distortion effects to adjust shapes of object groups.
- Apply ripple, wave, zigzag, perturbation using local variations synthesized by a noise style.
- Create and edit interactive 4-point distortion effects.
- Create arbitrary distortions using envelope shapes and mesh grids.
- Create elastic warp effects by moving pinpoints and distorting the artwork accordingly.
- Bend artwork along a curve, stretching the artwork along the curve using variable width profiles.
- Create and interactively edit variable distance path offsets of object shapes.
- Create and reuse shape effect styles and presets.
The Shape Effects panel
- Add, edit, remove shape effects on the selected objects.
- Browse the hierarchy of shape effects stacked on the selected object.
- Adjust the parameters of a shape effect on a selected object from the panel.
- Activate the interactive shape effect editor tool.
- Activate the additional shape effect parameter editor tool (if applicable for the effect).
- Apply shape effects to the outline stroke, distorting arrows, dashes and caps.
- Edit shape effect options to control how the curves are distorted.
- Enable the Rigid Shapes option to create various shape placement effects.
Envelope and Mesh
- Create and edit envelopes using arbitrary shapes to apply distortions on a group of objects.
- Reuse envelope shapes from reference object shapes, or create custom envelope shape presets or styles.
- Create and edit mesh grid distortions on a group of objects.
- Add internal control points to mesh grid curves to achieve better control of the mesh shape.
- Select linear mesh boundaries to create mesh effect variations.
- Edit 4-point distortions interactively.
- Create and edit Elastic Warp effect on group of objects.
- Elastic warp creates elastic distortions by stretching according to multiple pinpoints.
- In elastic warp the group members are distorted according to the global elastic mesh distortion applied to the group.
- Create and remove arbitrary number of pinpoints in the elastic warp.
- Rotate elastic warp mesh around any pinpoint.
Bending along a curve
- Bend groups of object along arbitrary shapes.
- Edit the bending curve interactively with the node editor tool.
- Create and reuse bending shape styles and presets.
- Use reference object shapes as bending shapes, linking the bend effect to an editable object shapes.
- Apply variable width stroke profiles to the bending effect to stretch the artwork locally along the shape.
- Edit the variable width profile of the bending effect interactively.
- Convert the bending effect into a mesh effect.
- Change colors in selected objects and groups by applying color adjustment filters.
- Colors are changed destructively and can be further edited as a regular artwork (no image conversions involved).
- Change colors with Curves and Levels filters.
- Adjust colors using Black and White, Channel Mixer, Color Balance and Hue Adjustment filters.
- Change vibrance and saturation. Use the Photo Filter to adjust color tones.
- Mix object colors using the Style Mixer menu commands.
- Recolor artwork using the Replace Color command.
- Create complex recoloring rules, save and reuse these as presets.
- Recolor artwork by matching nearest colors to another document or a color palette.
- Disturb colors randomly using a selected color mode.
- Recolor artwork using randomized colors or select randomly from a predefined palette.
- Recolor artwork using the object locations and colors from a noise scheme.
- Create blends between two or more objects for smooth transition effects.
- Create and use custom shapes for the blend transition path.
- Edit the blend shape using the Node tool.
- Set the number of intermediary objects using fixed steps, object distance or color transition smoothness.
- Adjust the transition function separately for the object shapes and style.
- Edit the blend options using the Blend panel or the interactive Blend tool.
- Use the Blend Map tool to pair nodes of the blended object shapes for finer control of the blend transition.
- Create contour effects of arbitrary width around objects.
- The contour will be a blend between the object style and a selected background style.
- Use variable width profiles in the contour effect and edit the width profile interactively.
- Edit the contour effect options using the Contour panel or the interactive Contour tool.
Apply image effects on any artwork
- Large collection of customizable image effects can be applied to artwork.
- Image effects are nondestructive: keep editing the artwork and change effect properties at any time.
- Effects can be applied on vectors or images and still retaining all editing options.
- Zoom in or out on image effects, rendering the effects at current resolution.
- Use GPU acceleration for image effects rendering.
- Edit image effects interactively in the document using the image effect tool from the panel.
- Apply multiple image effects on groups of objects.
- Import, export and reuse SVG image filters.
The Image Effects panel
- Create, edit and manage image effects on selected objects using the Image Effects panel.
- Create and reuse image effect styles and presets.
- View and edit detailed attributes of image effects.
- List and organize stacks of image effects applied on the selected object.
- Select interactive tools to edit image effect attributes and shapes.
- Setup opacity and transparency mask of individual image effects.
Image distortion effects
- Apply geometric distortions as image effects.
- Distortion effects can be edited interactively in the document.
- Apply concentric warp effect.
- Create wave, zigzag, ripple or perturbation effects.
- Use generated noise as a parameter of various distortion effects.
Mesh and other distortions on images
- Apply and interactively edit 4-point image distortion effects.
- Create and edit envelope effects as image distortions.
- Create and edit mesh grid effects as image distortions.
- Use Elastic Warp effect to distort selected objects and images in an elastic way.
- Use the Bend effect to bend the selected objects and images along a shape including variable width profiles.
- Apply blur filters from a large selection of blur types.
- Supported blur filters: Gaussian, Box, Concentric, Cone, Disc, Motion, Noise, Radial, Wave and Zoom blurs.
- Edit shape and direction of Gaussian blurs.
- Edit attributes of all blur types interactively.
- Adjust blur strength locally using a mask.
- Edit the shape of Concentric, Cone and Wave blurs.
- Use Noise blur to create locally varying blurs.
- Apply color filters to create nondestructive color adjustments.
- Edit color filter properties in the Image Effects panel.
- Adjust colors using the Black and White, Channel Mixer, Hue Adjustments, Color Balance and Color Map filters.
- Adjust color tones using the Curves and Levels filters.
- Use Exposure, Posterize, Solarize, Vibrance, Photo Filter and Contrast filters to create color adjustment effects.
- Generate new images using image generator filters.
- Apply Brushed Metal image generator on any objects.
- Create Flare, Lens Flare or Star Shine effects.
- Select from an extensive set of noise types and variations to generate synthetic noise.
- Create and edit Turbulence noise.
Stylistic image effects
- Add Brush or Noise effects to existing colors of selected objects.
- Create Bloom, Haze, Inner or Outer Glow effects.
- Create Drop Shadows.
- Create Halftone effects of arbitrary shape.
- Create Crystalize, Pixelate or Pointilize effects.
SVG filter compatibility
- Import and use SVG filters with SVG documents.
- Show lists of SVG filter collections in the Image Effects panel and the Effects menu.
- Add standard SVG effects to objects or images.
- Add SVG effect compositions to objects or images.
- Export SVG effect compositions into SVG files.
- Import SVG effect definitions and use these from the Effects menu or the Image Effects panel.
Adjustment layers and objects
- Create adjustment layers with image effects applied to layers below.
- Setup shape for an adjustment layer to limit the area of filtering.
- Use the layer content as a mask for the strength of the adjustment effect.
- Create an adjustment effect applied to the backdrop of an object or group of objects to filter specific areas in a document.
- Use the Adjustment Layer and Content is Mask attributes of any object or group of objects to create adjustment effects.
- Shape of objects determines the filtering area of adjustment effect.
New Vector Document
Edit and manage multiple vector documents
- Create new documents instantly without modal interactions.
- Create a new document by specifying properties, opening from a template or copying artwrok from the clipboard.
- Revert document to the previously saved state from the document file.
- Save the current canvas into a separate file.
- Open multiple documents into tabbed or separate views.
- Open multiple views of the same document to display and edit different parts of the document.
Setup document properties
- Edit document properties using the Document Setup command.
- Enable or disable Undo / Redo history storage into the document.
- Select coordinate system direction to top-down or bottom-up.
- Edit storage file format options.
- Setup document color properties.
- Setup default document artboard style.
- Specify default guideline, grid and slice indicator colors for a document.
Add multiple canvases into a single document
- Create, edit and manage multiple canvases in a single document.
- A canvas can inherit content from a master canvas for better artwork and design reuse.
- Organize canvases into a hierarchy for better workflow.
- Create and use top level canvas containers to organize document content.
- Place your design into canvases under the main Canvas collection.
- Use the Reference canvas container to create canvases for referenced objects, artwork, brushes, styles and symbols that can be reused through the document.
- Use the Master canvas container to setup a master canvas and reuse content in multiple other canvases.
Working with artboards
- Create thousands of artboards of arbitrary size on each canvas.
- Set rotation of individual artboards at arbitrary angles.
- Create, move, resize and rotate artboards with the Artboard Tool.
- Setup grids on automatically generated artboards.
- Edit size, position, rotation, margins, and fill color of artboards using the Artboard Options command.
- Arrange existing artboards into a grid.
File Formats and Compatibility
Import from commonly used graphics formats
- Import PSD files, retaining editing options of layer hierarchies and adjustment filters.
- Import native AI files (not just the PDF stream), retaining high level editing options of objects, brushes, blends and effects.
- Import PDF, Postscript and EPS files.
- Import embedded PDF, PS, or EPS fonts as curves.
- Import SVG files including SVG image filters.
- Import image files with PNG, JPEG, TIFF, BMP, PCX, TGA, GIF, HDR and EXR formats.
- Insert linked content to vector or image graphics files.
Advanced exporting options
- Specify advanced export options using the Export command.
- Export vector to SVG, PDF, EPS or Postscript formats.
- Export to image file formats: PNG, JPEG, TIFF, BMP, PCX, TGA, GIF.
- Export to multi-page PDF.
- Setup detailed export options specific to individual file formats.
- Repeat the last file exporting command using Export Again, including slice exporting.
- Store export options with the document, so that Export Again works after opening a document that contains previous export commands.
- Create and use export slices to setup automatic exporting of large number of files.
- Draw, position, resize and rotate export slices using the Slice tool.
- Export slices can have arbitrary angles, rotating their content at export.
- Each canvas can contain multiple export slices of arbitrary position, size and rotation.
- Assign export slices to artboards, to automatically generate slices based on artboard layout.
- Export content of all or selected slices using the Export Slices command.
The Slices panel
- Manage the list of slices of the current canvas using the Slices panel.
- Assign names to individual slices for labeling and export file naming.
- Setup file format options for each slice.
- Add multiple file formats and file exports to each slice at arbitrary resolution and options.
- Enable or disable individual slices.
- Add a name suffix used in the automated naming of exported files.
- A Mac computer, desktop, laptop or mini, preferably a post 2015 model.
- Intel Core i5 or i7 with 4 cores and hyper-threading.
- 2GB minimum for VectorStyler, a system with at least 8GB of memory is recommended for good performance,
- VectorStyler makes use of all cores in rendering and processing, more cores the better.
- VectorStyler uses the GPU in image effects, noise and gradient rendering.
- Metal support by the GPU and hardware is required.
- A large display to take advantage of VectorStyler user interface, tools and panels.
- MacOS 10.11 or above is recommended.
- Metal support is recommended, openGL and openCL are also supported.
- Network access is required when registering VectorStyler.
- Keyboard and mouse input is default.
- Use the trackpad to draw and edit objects interactively.
- Document view can be zoomed and rotated using trackpad gestures.
- Pressure-sensitive tablets are supported for painting and editing.