Create an action based on history

• @VectorStyler Very often, I test certain actions/options in VS one after the other, and may end up with a design/pattern that I'd like to reproduce.

Would it be possible/feasible to automatically create an action based on the history? This would be really useful so that users don't have to go back through the history and redo the steps manually (especially if there are a lot of them) ☺
    I don't think this is yet possible in VS after reading the documentation.

• administrators

@Pat It is not possible yet, and a bit problematic. Some past actions are recorded in the Recent Actions panel and can be saved from there (as a group).

I add this to the feature request list.

• @VectorStyler said in Create an action based on history:

@Pat It is not possible yet, and a bit problematic. Some past actions are recorded in the Recent Actions panel and can be saved from there (as a group).

I add this to the feature request list.

I thought it might be problematic... but I seem to have read in the raodmap that the history feature was going to be improved and that perhaps this could be conceived with a view to creating actions. I don't think I've seen this in any software. Thanks anyway ☺

• administrators

@Pat said in Create an action based on history:

perhaps this could be conceived with a view to creating actions

I will try to find a way to do this.

• @Pat , @VectorStyler

that sound interesting and helpful

• @Subpath I think so... I didn't see this feature in any app but your knowledge of current software is far more extensive ☺
    It would be so convenient to simply translate history into action ☺

• @Pat

I don't actually know of any program that offers something like this.

The "Artrage" painting program has a script recorder that can record entire
    painting sessions. This makes it possible, for example, to paint an image on
    a smaller scale and then output it on a larger scale using the Script Recorder.
    Because actually only the Tools/work steps are recorded.

Otherwise just normal Windows macro recorder programs. However, I don't know
    how well these would work with VectorStyler.

But as I said, I like your idea of being able to turn the history into an action.
    Because you can design without having a Script Recorder in Mind.

• @Subpath said in Create an action based on history:

@Pat ...
    Because you can design without having a Script Recorder in Mind.

That's exactly what I thought : we're "starting new adventures" with VS ☺ , we're enjoying the design and we'd like to record all steps quickly and easily.
    Two steps would be perfect: recording an action from the History panel and importing it from the Action panel ☺ ...