Working with panels

• It took me a while to understand how to work with the workspaces and draging the different panels around to an other space was sometimes challenging. Especially switching the panels from horizontal to vertical. First I though there was some sort of bug, but there wasn’t.

So I think there are some improvements possible to make it more user friendly.

The first suggestion:

Increase the width for showing the resize/scaling icon for the panels (when scaling an object by going to the handles, the resize icon seems to be shown 4 times as wide.)

The second suggestion:

The current situation is as follow:
    When dragging a panel to an other workspace you can click on the panel box or click on a little icon (two horizontal or vertical lines. The icon is near the close button). When dragging a vertical panel around you can just click on the panel box and move it to whatever workspace you would like. Horizontal or vertical. And using the little icon it keeps it as a vertical panel and can only be placed in the vertical panels. (this seems the way it should work, at least I’m used to this)
    But when draging a horizontal panel it is the other way around and only by clicking on the little icon you can switch it back to a vertical panel.

My suggestion is to choose the same method for both vertcal and horizontal panels. And I prefer that the little icon (two horizontal or vertical lines. The icon is near the close button) will be used to remain the panel in the same orientation.

The third suggestion:

When you click on a panel for dragging you can hit an arrow key and it will automaticly go to the workspace. (the top arrow key for the top workspace, the left arrow key for an workspace left etc.)

Or an other option could be to number the workspaces and then when dragging you can hit the number on your keyboard to place the panel in the desired workspace.

• administrators

@FastVector Thanks for the feedback. I thing (1) and (3) are doable.

(2) is a bit problematic, because horizontal panels cannot be stacked into a tabbed view, so the whole moving thing is going to be different.