Reconsider some value sliders

• What I run into with vectorstyler, is that some of the value sliders do not make a lot of sense, as the way the values are distributed is so inpractical. I end up having to enter a value into the box to get the result I want. The problem are the small values, which are very hard to get to precicely with the sliders. An example is brush size: I will often work with brushes sizes of 1 or below, but as the scale of the slider goes up to 256 pt, a value I would hardly ever use, hitting the small values exactly is tricky. Limiting the scale of the slider to a more practical maximum value would increase the space of the lower values, thus making it more use friendly.

Another slider issue I run into, is that some slider value scales seem rather non-sensical. For example the slider for the smoothness value of a drawn line: it goes from 0,1 up to 32. I have usually set it to 0,1-0,5. Why not have a more simplified scale from 0-10, without decimals, with a better distribution of the values, i.e. more precision in the lower values and less in higher values? The very high values make very little sense anyway, as they smooth out the line beyond any resemblence to the drawn path. I don't believe it requires this level of precision and it makes the UI harder to work with.

• administrators

@postdes Added this to the backlog. These are very easy to fix, as long as a reasonable interval of values is known for these fields.
    If you have more of these, please let me know.

• @postdes @vectorstyler I completely agree that the brushes and even the eraser should have a sliding scale favoring the smaller side. A few builds ago, I tried going in to the preferences and adding more stops but they don't seem to retain their spot after exiting. I'll do a follow up on that specifically.
    A related tangent of this topic was the idea to allow a modifier to increase/decrease the amount of any brush at a faster rate of speed. So for example, using the existing bracket keys to increase or lower the size of the brush, sometimes the brush is huge our tiny and I need to go the opposite way quickly- pressing shift while tapping the specific bracket key causes a much faster brush size change.

• Rebelle 5 has simple and fast way to change brush width:

• press and hold Control - cursor and text description shows actual brush width
    • while holding Control, move mouse or stylus left to decrease brush width and right for increase
    • moving mouse/stylus up and down while holding Control, changes other brush options like paint loading or opacity.

I like it very much - maybe something like this would help here?

• Example of how it works

• In Affinity Designer it is Alt+Ctrl+Left Click and drag. This is very usefull if I set this key press combination in Wacom pen button then I can simply click the button, hover over and move left and right to resize brush.
    Recording

• @Jayanta-Das said in Reconsider some value sliders:

In Affinity Designer it is Alt+Ctrl+Left Click and drag. This is very usefull if I set this key press combination in Wacom pen button then I can simply click the button, hover over and move left and right to resize brush.
    Recording

Problem with these Affinity multi-key shortcuts are that they are so easy to forget and incredibly annoying to hold down.

Photoshop + Capture One Pro: right click, easy to use pop-up with options and preview of size (at least in CO), done. Impossible to forget, easy to use.