Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017 (Intel)
    Processor: 3.6 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
    Graphics: Radeon Pro 560 4 GB
    macOS: Ventura 13.6.6
    Hardware acceleration: On Metal
    US - English
    VectorStyler 1.2.019

Problem: Grouped Object and Text Fame Editing Problem

Problem was also in version 1.2.018 and repeatable with any new document in version 1.2.019.

New to the app so I could be making a mistake or have a setting incorrect. However, this appears to be a bug since the rectangle can be edited but not the text in the text frame.

I was expecting the ability to group an object and text frame and then copy and paste that group as required. Any copied group should be editable.

Problem Steps

1. Create a new document.
    2. Draw a rectangle.
    3. Create a text frame with some text in it beside the rectangle.
      [Using text frame not text shape.]
    4. Group the rectangle and text frame.
    5. Edit the text in the text frame while grouped.
      [Text can be edited without a problem at this point. The above step was just a test to make sure that the text was editable. You can skip this step and the problem still occurs.]
    6. Copy the group and paste on the same artboard.
    7. You now have two (2) groups containing the same rectangle and text frame.
      [Here is where the problem appears.]
    8. Editing the text in the copied group text frame causes the text in the original group text frame to be changed. You can not edit the text in the copied group text frame. However, the fill color of the copied group rectangle can be edited. The problem is only with editing the text in the text frame.

Regards,

MWK

• administrators

@MWK Welcome to VectorStyler. Yes, there seems to be a bug here and can be replicated here also. I will fix this ASAP.