Disabling path brush strokes from joining

• Hello: I have been using VS for artwork now, but I need to find a way to switch off the strokes from joining automatically, when I use the path brush tool. Any way of doing this folks? Help is much appreciated! 🙂

• administrators

@Daniel Some example (before / after path brush) might help to better understand what happens.
    Are those paths with strokes touched by the path brush or not?

• Basically, when I draw with path brush tool using drawing tablet, I want to be able to retain each path/stroke separately - even when they touch. I want to be able to move them around and edit them individually. Currently, they become a single shape. Does this help give you more context? Thanks! 🙂

• administrators

@Daniel said in Disabling path brush strokes from joining:

Does this help give you more context?

Yes.

What happens here is that the path brush modifies the shape of the objects it touches (by doing an union with those).
    This behavior can be changed with the "Adjusted" drop down in the context panel (above the document view).

There are various modes:

• Any Object will union / alter any touched object (default behavior).
    • Selected Objects will alter selected objects only, these are objects that were selected when the tool was activated. With this mode, of no objects are selected at tool activation, the path brush will create new objects.
    • Current Fill changes objects that match the current fill style.
    • Create New will create a new object and will not change existing objects.

Maybe in this case the "Selected Objects" is the best option, and then start the Path Brush tool with no selection, or press the Esc key to clear the selection, to avoid the path brush modifying existing objects.

• Thanks very much! I will try this and let you know. 🙂