Eyedropper color selection from anywhere

• Suggestion: Would be nice to have an eyedropper tool that could select color from anywhere on screen. For example, placed images, generated math color modes (overlapped objects), shadows, gradients, effects... I suppose this tool option would just alter the color in the color Panel vs doing some action to any element. Perhaps it wasn't a standard toolbox tool, but instead a mini-eyedropper in the Color panel?

This came from trying to pre-select many colors from an image in order to have an internal palette.

• administrators

Will get back on this one, but it looks doable.

• administrators

In the new build (184), style picker tool:

• hold Shift and click on a point inside the document.
    • this picks the pixel color from the document.
    • holding Command will pick the object style.

The pixel color can only be picked from inside the VectorStyler document view.
    It will not work from other locations of the screen.

• @vectoradmin I can't seem to get this to work. 😞 I have an element selected that I want to be colored with a new color. I choose the (I) eyedropper / object style tool. I hover over an image in the same document and press Shift and click into the image. What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: Ah hah.. I see now. I does work, but I'm not seeing any feedback of the color being "added" (updated) in the Color panel.

• administrators

The color should be updated in the panel. This is a bug.