Typography

• I have been completely confused studying and trying to understand how the typography chapter is constructed. I already expressed the first symptoms of my confusion in a forum question about leading. Now digging further into the options, settings, changes, styles and presets panels, I find myself in a complete maze. In addition, changes to the important character and paragraph options panel to experiment and find out how it works are not being saved, cursors do not work and text dissapears suddenly.

I've mastered Aldus Pagemaker, QuarkXpress and InDesign but this is a vector drawing program. All the features are nice but the basics need to be logically organised and work properly and understandable from the perspective of the profession of a typographer.

I would like to ask the developer to give his opinion on the status and quality of the typography chapter. So I know what I'm dealing with before I invest my time in this.

• administrators

@Ayo said in Typography:

I would like to ask the developer to give his opinion on the status and quality of the typography chapter.

For version 1.2 documentation, it should be up to date with beta 1.2.
    Please note that 1.2 has a separate documentation page: https://www.vectorstyler.com/docs_v1_2/text/
    It can be accessed for the original 1.2 beta post also: https://www.vectorstyler.com/forum/topic/3546/vectorstyler-1-2-beta

changes to the important character and paragraph options panel to experiment and find out how it works are not being saved,

what are these options?

cursors do not work

let me know if this is other than the click to empty line?

and text dissapears suddenly.

there is a bug for frame text where changing some character attributes for the whole frame breaks the link between the frame and text.
    This was replicated when changing the font, but may occur with other attributes also.
    Is there another case here?

• @VectorStyler said in Typography:

I would like to ask the developer to give his opinion on the status and quality of the typography chapter.

Not a real answer to the question. Has it been tested at all?

version 1.2 documentation

familiar with

changes to the important character and paragraph options panel to experiment and find out how it works are not being saved,

what are these options?

Several settings in the paragraph and character options panel. Have to replicate that :). Can be a refresh issue or a buggy document by experimenting a lot.

cursors do not work

No other than the click to empty line

and text dissapears suddenly.
    This was replicated when changing the font, but may occur with other attributes also.

Should I report other issues ?

Is there another case here?

Certainly, but I will have to come back to that in detail and substantiated with illustration and argumentation if you appreciate that.
    But I have problems. I really deal with incomprehensible things but I don't feel comfortable presenting myself as a wise guy.

• administrators

@Ayo said in Typography:

Not a real answer to the question. Has it been tested at all?

Yes it has been tested. But it has no automatic test coverage (only partial) so there might be some regressions in recent builds.

• administrators

@Ayo said in Typography:

Should I report other issues ?

Yes